Monday, June 16, 2008

San Diego County Fair



We went to the fair yesterday to celebrate Father's Day! Little William was a wee bit spoiled. First, he got to ride on "Peanut," the pony. Daddy got to walk alongside, but William was a big boy, and didn't want help. He even bobbed his head, as the pony walked. We took an expensive detour through the carnival games, where William got two stuffed animal prizes. Then, we were very excited to see that there were elephants there - William's favorite animal. He loves to use his arm as a trunk, and make elephant noises. So, we all got to ride on "Becky," the elephant. William was not afraid at all. He hopped right up, patted her back, and said, "hi!" He was so worn out from running around in the petting zoo (where he and a cow had a bit of attitude with each other), etc. that he fell asleep at 4:30 as soon as we got in the car, and slept until 6 this morning! When he woke up, I asked him if he remembered riding on the elephant. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, and used his "trunk" to make an elephant noise. Moral of the story - I can only afford the fair once a year....but we'll probably go back next weekend! I have a ton more photos on my fabulous new camera - but I need to take a class just to work all of the fancy options.

1 comment:

mamaTAVE said...

I LOVE the elephant story! Sounds like a fun fair. I don't think ours is like that...